The University is celebrating its strong tradition of creative reuse as part of international Fair Use / Fair Dealing Week
For the first time, Kent will be taking part inFair Dealing Weekfrom 21-25 February – a celebration of the flexibility in copyright law allowing creative reuse of copyright material.
At ouronline event(via MS Teams) onWednesday 23 February from 17:00 to 18:30, we will demonstrate how research, education and engagement at Kent are underpinned by acopyright literacy strategy.We will also outline associatedpolicy,which encourages Kent staff and students to make informed use of legal provisions.
- Introduction fromProfessor Richard Reece– Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education and Student Experience) and Chair of the Copyright Steering Group
- The University of Kent Copyright Literacy Strategy and fair dealing –Chris Morrison, Copyright and Licensing Specialist
- A Journey of Creative Reuse in Filmmaking –Dr Richard Misek, Senior Lecturer, School of Arts and independent film maker
- Teaching Digital Arts students through games and play –Dr Alexandra Covaci, Lecturer, School of Engineering and virtual reality researcher
- Parody, pastiche, pandemic songs and copyright –Dr Ben Marsh, Reader, School of History and musical director of theMarsh Familyinternet sensation. In conversation with Chris Morrison andDr Jane Secker(co-founderscopyrightliteracy.org).
Sign up now
Sign up for the online event now via thisEventbrite link.